I wanted to share some things I learned along the way and some pictures. I hope you enjoy.
Lessons learned and observations made:
1. The first few miles will go by quickly. The others ... not so much.
2. Drinking water from a small paper cup is almost impossible without getting half of it on your shirt.
|Team Evie: (L-R) my Father-in-law Dave, Dad Pete, Micah, Me, Mom Soula, Sister Michelle, Friend Amy, Friend Jenna (not pictured - friend Danielle)|
4. I saw a turtle along the path. I think he was moving faster than I was.
|My sister, mom, and dad came back to run me in (they finished wayyyy before I did).|
6. You can breathe through tears.
|Evie shirts - "Running in honor of: Evie Caris Rieke, November 8, 2012, Fearfully and wonderfully made.|
8. Wear sunscreen.
10. Once again, little girls in Heaven motivate you to do things you never thought you had the strength to do.
|Special friends <3|